1) According to the tagline, NBA247365.COM is the blog for NBA fanatics. What I intend for that to mean is that I’ll provide you with something NBA-related to read on a daily basis, but it might be about the 12th man on the Bobcats’ bench.
2) NBA247365.COM came to be on October 26th, 2010. It’s since been viewed by three or four people.
3) My name is Stephen, but when I’m on a computer it becomes “Stro.” That’s because I’ve gone by the nickname StroShow4 on various internet basketball forums. Yes, you probably have seen a video of mine on Youtube. I used to make a lot of them.
4) I’m living, breathing proof that the state of Maine is in fact inhabited.
5) I’ll be 24 years old until September of 2013. I’ve been around the game of basketball for my entire life, but I took a serious liking to it when I was about… I don’t know… maybe 14 years old. I asked for NBA League Pass on my 16th birthday and have been honing my channel-flipping skills ever since.
6) My favorite player of all-time is Stromile Swift, hence the aforementioned nickname. My favorite team of all-time is the ’06/07, “We Believe” version of the Golden State Warriors. Just the ’06/07 version. I’m not a fan of the Warriors, nor am I a fan of any other organization. I’m a fan of the NBA.
7) The Golden Age? 1996-2008. Expect references to rap music from this time period. I still live in 2005.
8) Players in the banner, from left to right, unless it’s Christmas time: DeShawn Stevenson, Stromile Swift, Smush Parker, Larry Sanders, Gerald Green, Tim Thomas, Rasheed Wallace, Nick Van Exel, Birdman Andersen, JR Smith, Antoine Walker, Blake Griffin, Drew Gooden’s beard, Ricky Davis, Nikola Pekovic, Allen Iverson, Darius Miles, Monta Ellis, Eddy Curry, Quentin Richardson, Aaron Brooks, Kenyon Martin, Sonny Weems, DerMarr Johnson, and Dorell Wright.
9) I refuse to include periods in names like JR Smith and CJ Watson. They’re not J.R. and C.J., they’re JR and CJ. Deal with it. Oh, I don’t put the apostrophe in Amare, either. And DeMaR DeRoZaN will always be typed out like that.
10) I fancy myself a connoisseur of the slam dunk.
How bout a scal flick
Stromile, hmmmm…. read your blog anyway
How about a list of names of the players on your banner? I recognize most of them (a couple of the photos are not that clear though), a litany of the ‘bad boys’ in the NBA.
Players in the banner L to R are DeShawn Stevenson, Stromile Swift, Smush Parker, Larry Sanders, Tim Thomas, Nick Van Exel, Chris Andersen, JR Smith, Antoine Walker, Blake Griffin, Drew Gooden’s beard, Ricky Davis, Allen Iverson, Darius Miles, Monta Ellis, Eddy Curry, Quentin Richardson, Aaron Brooks, Kenyon Martin, Sonny Weems, DerMarr Johnson, and Dorell Wright.
Thanks Stephen, I appreciate the follow up info on the player names. Any particular reason for your choices?
They are players who I like for some reason or another and also players who I thought expressed what the site is all about. I wanted people to see the banner and realize that this isn’t your typical NBA blog.
your banner sucks!
Pingback: Saturday Afternoon Links, Featuring Stephen Jackson’s New Mixtape | NBA 24/7 365